Enterprise Analyst Intern
GGV Capital is a global venture capital firm that invests in local founders. As a multi-stage, sector-focused firm, GGV focuses on seed-to-growth stage investments across Consumer/New Retail, Social/Digital & Internet, Enterprise/Cloud and Frontier Tech sectors. The firm was founded in 2000 and manages $6.2 billion in capital across 13 funds. Past and present portfolio companies include Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Bitsight, ByteDance, Ctrip, Didi Chuxing, Grab, Gladly, HashiCorp, Houzz, Keep, Kong, LingoChamp, Namely, Niu, Opendoor, Peloton, Poshmark, Slack, Square, Wish, Xiaohongshu and more. Learn more at www.ggvc.com.
We are looking to hire an intern to join our enterprise investment team in Menlo Park / San Francisco to analyze early-stage investments and market opportunities spanning development technologies, big data & analytics, and cloud infrastructure. This is an ideal position for someone pursuing studies in computer science, has strong software development foundations and high levels of curiosity to investigate open-source technologies.
- Research and develop intelligence on emerging trends in IT infrastructure and development technologies
- Analyze open source technologies and assist with product due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Create thesis-driven market map analyses identifying incumbents, differentiations and emerging leaders
- Pursuing Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Passion for learning and experimenting with new software development techniques
- Experience in building software applications
- Familiarity with the application architecture stack -- server, network, hosting, data modeling, business logic, API Layer
- Ability to work independently and communicate results effectively to peers in the team
GGV Capital is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GGV Capital does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, citizenship, age, national origin, ancestry, genetics, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, sex or any other basis protected by law.